A few weeks ago, in an attempt to make my food more pure I decided to ditch store bought spices in favor of spices that I grind at home. I noticed that the turmeric I grinded at home smelled and looked better than the one I bought from the store. I decided to look up some health benefits of turmeric and have come to believe that turmeric is a wonderspice. Below are my findings:
1. Turmeric is a natural antiseptic so use it on your skin for cuts and wounds. Infact, go out and get a tube of our very own Vicco Turmeric Ayurvedic Cream :). It also helps in helaing damaged skin and even psoriasis.
2. It helps to prevent the spread of prostate and breast cancer.
3. Turmeric is a natural detoxifier and aids in weight-loss!!!
4. It has anti-inflammatory properties so it’s good for arthritis, gout etc.
5. When used in combination with gramflour, it cleans skin and gives it a healthy glow. (Tried and tested!)
6. Turmeric helps in combating high cholestrol, diabetes, cold, flu and menstrual cramps.
These are just some of the many benefits of turmeric. Start using this spice today and experience the benefits yourself.
Another picture of us with our beautiful freshly ground turmeric: