People who know me know I’m not a good cook, nor an interested one. So I like to make things which require minimal effort and yet are super healthy. And since a lot of people ask me for suggestions for what to eat and the kinds of food I like to eat, I thought I’d blog about an easy salad that I made (for the first time) using whatever I found in the fridge.
Plus, lots of people want simple, easy and quick salad recipes for when you have hunger pangs and don’t want to gorge on the first pack of potato chips that you find. I made a salad a few days ago which not only tasted good, but was also very very filling. Almost like a meal in itself! Here’s how I made it:
1. You will need: some carrots, cucumbers, spring onions, an onion, some cheese, pepper, olive oil, a pan to make in and something to stir with. I didn’t use salt, but I suppose if you want, you can add that too. (In fact, I think that you can add anything you like.)
2. Chop all your veggies :).
3. Heat oil in a pan and add the onions. Do this on low flame so that the onions give off that delicious aroma and turn a nice tender pink.
4. Add your chopped veggies in. I had cucumbers and carrots. Stir for some time.
5. Add the spring onions. Stir for some time. Add some pepper. Stir for some time. Cover and let the salad cook in the combined aroma of all your healthy veggies.
6. Uncover and add some cheese if you want. I just used my hands to separate the cheese into big chunks. You can grate the cheese if you want. You can also add some salt. Cover and let it cook for some time.
I made this out of whatever I had in my fridge. The idea is to make something wholesome and delicious out of your exsisting resources.
Hope you try this and let me know what you think of it!